List of countries
Travel in Europe
Travel in Africa
Travel in Asia
Travel in Europe :
Travel in France
Travel in Belgium
Travel in Finland
Travel in Germany
Travel in Asia :
Travel in America :
Ooaj Travel Guide, tourism, hotel reservation, residence, plane, cheap pension for you holidays in nafplion
Free Travel guide Ooaj.com A free travel guide for holidays. Hotels in nafplion, Bed and Breakfast!
Nafplion is in Greece. It has a lovely romantic downtown with cozy streets and is a great place to stay for radial travelling around Peloponese.
Many greeks come for weekends from Athens.
- Small and cozy family-run pension. Artistically decorated rooms, each inspired by its own flower -- and derives color from it. Daily room cleaning and change of towels. Internet is announced (as ISDN), but not available in the rooms except suite, as of Sep 2005. Common area on the ground floor -- great for 5-6 people spending time together indoors in case of rain etc. Double: ?65 (breakfast included). Two doubles+one single can be bargained for ?150.
- Home-brewed breakfasts: honey, home-made jams, fresh orange juice, 2 sorts of cheese, 2 sorts of ham, choice of espresso-based coffee -- all unlimited. According to personnel, some products are from family-run farm -- at least, butter and eggs.
- Rooms: windows face two pedestrian streets, one with entrance (and some living house on the other side), another with a breakfast tables of Amymone and tables of a next-door tavern (and some abandoned house, pretty graphical for some taste). In every room: cabinet, sideboard with a drawer, 14" TV, refridgerator (hidden in a sideboard), clothes valet.
- Sunflower: first floor, balcony, medium-space room, cafe view
- Lavender: ground floor, no balcony, larger room and bed, entrance view (actually a separate door from the street), small bathroom.
- Rose: no balcony, larger bed and bathroom
- Myrtle suite: two windows + balcony, twice as large room, entrance view, small couch, desktop PC with internet access; fireplace-imitating niche.
- Marianna Pension, http://www.pensionmarianna.gr/. Cozy hotel overlooking the downtown from the mountatin, close to one of the fortresses. Roof cafe for breakfast, great view on the town. Be prepared for 5 minutes stair climbing to reach it from the downtown; may be also reached by car from the fortress side. Single: ?65, double 75?.