Ooaj Travel Guide, tourism, hotel reservation, residence, plane, cheap pension for you holidays in hualien
Free Travel guide Ooaj.com A free travel guide for holidays. Hotels in hualien, Bed and Breakfast!
Hualien is a city in Taiwan situated near the spectacular Taroko Gorge.
Located on a strip of land between the Pacific Ocean and the Central Mountain Range, Hualien is considered one of the most pleasant cities in Taiwan. Many tourists visit the city to enjoy the scenery and fresh air and also to tour the famous Taroko Gorge, which is located a few miles north of the city.
- There are frequent trains from Taipei, and depending on the type of train, the journey can take between three and a half to four and a half hours. As the train follows the coast on part of the journey, for best views try to get a window seat on the left side of the train (from Taipei).
- Domestic airlines connect Hualien with all of Taiwan's major cities. It a thirty minute flight to Hualien from Taipei's Sungshan Airport.
- Nan-Pin Park, a scenic area of palm trees and landscaped greenary that runs the full length of the city's foreshore. It offers great views of Pacific Ocean, which are especially spectacular at sunrise.
- Hualien Ocean Park (http://www.hualienoceanpark.com.tw/e/page01.htm/) is Hualien's biggest man-made tourist attraction. As well as ferris wheel and cable car, the park contains eight zones that introduce different aspects of ocean and marine life. Kids, in particular, will have great time here. Open: Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM, Sat&Sun 8:30-5PM. Admission: adult 890NT$, under 19 790NT$
- Mandarin at Tsu-Chi University, 701 Jung-yang Road, sec. 3. Tel:856 5501 Ex.7689. E-mail: <firstname.lastname@example.org> Web:1 (http://www.language.tcu.edu.tw/index.htm)
- As a center of aboriginal culture, Hualien is a good place to pick up traditional woven cloth.
- Hualien's special food product is soft sticky rice candy (mua-ji).
- Cafe Jade (??????), 8 Ming-li Road (??????8?) Tel:834-5968 - a great art cafe and with regular live music and art exhibitions. Open:Mon-Thurs 8AM-6Pm Fri-Sun 8Am-10:30PM
- Hualien Student Hostel, 40-11 Kungyuan Road. Tel:8324124 - offers dorms and twin rooms.
- Hua Tong Hotel, 165 Min-kuo (Minguo) Street. Tel:8347568 - a pleasant and centrally located hotel.
- Rosestone Inn (http://www.rosestone.com/english.htm) The Rosestone Inn was build in Tradition Chinese Courtyard architecture style called - Si He Yuan , also known as the Chinese Quadrangle. Address : No.48, Haibin Avenue, Hualien. Tel:854 2317. E-mail: email@example.com
- Bellevista Hotel (http://www.bellevista.com.tw/) 18, Shanling, Yanliau Tsuen, Shoufeng Shiang, Hualien. Tel:8123999 Fax:8123988 - a sprawling resort style hotel offering great views over the Pacific Ocean.
- Parkview Hotel, 1-1 Lin-Yuan. Tel:2222111 - One of Hualien's most luxurious hotels.
- Area code: The Hualien dialing code is 03. For calls made from overseas, dial: +886 3 XXXXXXX